Anonymous said: wait, why do you like the way grim apologizes in knick knack?
It’s mostly due to Jess Harnell’s voice acting. He’s just so sad and sincere.
Anonymous said: Just wondering, what's your favorite episode of the 7D and why?
For full episodes (that is, two 11 minute episodes aired together), it’s Bathtub Bashful/Knick Knack Paddy Whack. Both of those episodes just really appeal to me, whereas most of the other full eps only have one that I particularly like.
I’ve already listed the reasons I like Bathtub Bashful (condensed version: lots of Bashful cuteness), but the reasons I like Knick Knack Paddy Whack include:
- Grim without his coat
- The return of Snazzy Shazam
- Hildy imagining Snazzy melting
- The 7D’s distractions making Grim happy and Hildy annoyed
- The way Grim says “Oh, HIldy-Wildy, I’m so sorry.”
- The music that plays when Snazzy shows up to gloat is reminiscent of the Wicked Witch of the West’s theme
flynnieg said: How long have the Glooms been married for, if you had to guess?
The Glooms are newlyweds, but before they were married, they were sweethearts for a long time.
Can we all talk about Bathtub Bashful? I mean yeah, Bashful has that neato singing voice but am I the only one here who’s saying “Why does he still wear his hat in the shower?”
We really should talk about this episode more, since it has so many good moments:
- Queen Delightful being the delivery man, and the callback to this scene at the end.
- The absolute best reaction from Lord Starchbottom to Queen Delightful’s literal-mindedness to date:
- The fact that not only did the 7d laugh for a day straight, both Queen Delightful and Lord Starchhbottom just waited for them to finish.
- The perfection of Billy West’s voice acting for Bashful’s freak out
- The music in the “looking for Bashful” montage
- Bashful just being cute all the time in general
- But also the conviction with which he tells Doc he’s let him down “Lots of times.”
- Poodle groupies
- The songs, of course